Certified by ACO
Bio-Distributors has been certified as an organic wholesaler by Australian Certified Organic (ACO) (formerly Biological Farmers of Australia) since 1992. To maintain our certification we undergo a rigorous annual audit inspection involving record keeping, audit trails of products and many other aspects of our operation to ensure the integrety of the products we sell as certified organic.
View our current certificate of compliance issued by ACO.
Download the certificate.
Go to ACO's web site for a copy of the organic standard we operate under.
Australian Organic Certification Bodies
- ACO: Australian Certified Organic (IFOAM accredited)
- A-Q: Aus-Qual
- DEM: Biodynamic Research Institute. (Demeter)
- NAS: National Association for Sustainable Agriculture Australia. (IFOAM accredited)
- OFC: Organic Food Chain
- OGA: Organic Growers of Australia
- TOP: Tasmanian Organic-Dynamic Producers
Overseas Organic Certification Bodies
- BCS: BCS OKO Garantie GmbH - Germany (IFOAM accredited)
- BIOAG: Bio Agricert - Italy (IFOAM accredited)
- BIOLA: Biolatina - Latin America (USDA accredited)
- BOLI: Bolicert (Bolivia) (IFOAM accredited)
- BIOGA: Bio-Guarantie
- BIA: Bio-Inpsecta AG (Switzerland) (IFOAM accredited)
- CCOF: Californian Certified Organic Farmers - USA (IFOAM accredited)
- CCPB: Consorzio per il Controllo dei Prodotti Biologici - Italy (IFOAM accredited)
- CUC: Control Union Certifications - Netherlands (IFOAM accredited)
- ECO CERT or EC: Eco-Cert - Europe (IFOAM accredited)
- OCERT or OC: OneCert
- OCIA: Organic Crop Improvement Association - USA (IFOAM accredited)
- OIA: Organizacion Internacional Agropecuaria - Argentina (IFOAM accredited)
- QAI: Quality Assurance International - USA (IFOAM accredited)
- SA: Soil Association - UK (IFOAM accredited)
- WSDA: Washington State Department of Agriculture - USA (IFOAM accredited)
For a full list of ACO equivalent organic certifying bodies go to the ACO website
Levels of Organic Certification
- ORGANIC: Fully converted to an organic system of agriculture. eg "ACO"
- IN CONVERSION TO ORGANIC: Not yet fully converted. No articficial fertilisers. eg "ACO IC"
Organic certification of products we repack
We are certified by ACO to repack certified organic products and apply the ACO logo so long as the original certifying body is recognised by ACO (see the ACO website for the list of certification bodies/accreditation programs ACO recognises).
For certified product that we repack, the repacked product carries the ACO certification (if applicable) rather than that of the original certifying body. The reason for this is that a product loses its original certification when it is repacked.
On the price list this shows when the outer carton carries a different certification to a repacked quantity. This can be seen frequently on our nuts page and on our dried fruit page.
On the flours page, the grains page and the seeds & legumes page, this is shown as, for example, OC/ACO where the large size is OC (OneCert) and the 5kg is ACO.
Demeter certified (DEM) is an exception. We are certified by the Biodynamic Research Institute to repack and apply the Demeter logo so those products retain their original certification.